A simple midweek meal, a baked sweet potato provides a source of slow release energy. Topped with light and creamy ricotta, crunchy veg and seeds, this is a deliciously healthy and satisfying meal.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 sweet potato
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 tbsp ricotta
- 1 stick celery, sliced
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp pumpkin and sunflower seeds
What to do:
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan. Scrub the potato well and wipe a little oil over the surface. Cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes (depending on the size of the potato), until soft all the way through.
- Once cooked, take the potato out of the oven and set aside to cool a little. While the potato is cooling season the ricotta and slice the vegetables.
- Toast the seeds in a dry frying pan until they start to pop.
- When the potato is cool enough to handle, make a deep slit lengthways and prise open. Season inside the potato and carefully mash the potato flesh. Dollop the ricotta on top then top with the vegetables, season again and scatter with seeds.
Per serving: Calories 358 | Sugar 16.5g | Fat 12.8g | Saturates 2.7g | Salt 0.32g